Melanie Tumbokon Wong Immigration Solicitor company logo
Call now for a FREE Assessment: 0203 302 6864

Tier 2 General Visa

Tier 2 Visa Applications and Extensions

Do you have an employer who are licensed to sponsor non-EEA nationals to work in the UK? Would you like advise and assistance with applying for a Tier 2 Visa to work and stay in the UK? 

Or do you currently have a Tier 2 Visa and need to apply for an extension?

Do you have a spouse and/or children and would you like them to also join you in the UK?

Do you want to ensure that you meet all of the requirements and have the right documents to support your application? 

If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, call Melanie TODAY on 0203 302 6864 and 07761 308 670 for a FREE assessment of your case. I can help you take the first step towards your future in the UK. 
FREE No-Obligation Consultation
An Immigration Solicitor will 
Call You back to assist in your Case

Contact Us

Tier 2 Visa Applications

How Can I Apply for a Tier 2 (General) Visa?

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:
  • you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK; and
  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland; and
  • you have a Certificate Of Sponsorship (COS) reference number from a licensed sponsor. The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation; and
  • You must have an ‘appropriate’ salary; and
  • You must have the required level of English, unless exempted; and
  • You must have proof of £945 in savings, unless exempted; and
  • You must provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people such as in the healthcare or education sector, for instance. 
How long will the visa application take to be processed?
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK. There are also options available for fast-track services, if you want to expedite your application, depending on where you are applying from. 

How Much Are the Visa Fees?
The visa fees vary depending on where you are applying from, who is applying (Sponsor and/or dependants), the type of visa, (entry clearance or extension), and how long your Sponsorship is for, i.e. whether less or more than 3 years. Apart from the visa fees, there are also other costs involved such as the healthcare surcharge, and the biometric data charge. 

How long can I stay in the UK?
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.
Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.
You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.

What supporting documents do I need to provide?
In support of your application, some of the documents you’ll need to provide include:
  • a current passport or other valid travel identification; and
  • Recent bank statements showing you’ve had at least £945 in savings continuously over the last 90 days, or your sponsor’s certification that they can support and accommodate you for the first month you’re employed; and
  • proof that you meet the English requirement; and
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh. You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Criminal record certificate:
If you apply on or after 6 April 2017, you’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate if you work in one or some of the following sectors:
  • education, for example teachers, education advisers and school inspectors; or
  • healthcare, for example nurses, doctors, managers, pharmacists, dentists, ophthalmic opticians; or
  • therapy, for example psychologists, speech and language therapists; or
  • social services, for example social workers, managers, probation officers
You’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Why Choose Me As Your Immigration Law Caseworker?

For every stage of your visa application (entry clearance, extension and settlement in the UK), I am here to help you. I know that applying for immigration papers can be a daunting and stressful task, and the Home Office fees can also be expensive. Let me take the stress away from you by handling your case from the beginning of your application journey until you have your visa in your hands. 

I can have your papers ready in as little as 2 working days!

As well as having the legal knowledge and expertise of handling such applications, I also work fast, my legal fees are affordable, and I strive to listen to my clients and work around your needs/specific situations. I can have your papers and applications prepared in 2-7 working days. My number one goal is to have applications approved at the first attempt, and I have already achieved this for thousands of people, just like you. 

Contact Melanie TODAY on 0203 302 6864 and 07761 308 670 for a confidential chat and a free assessment of your case. Or complete theenquiry form below, and Melanie will get back to you within 24 hours, guaranteed. 
UK Visa applications can be complex and using the services of an Immigration Law Solicitor is highly recommended. 

I have an excellent track record with all Tier 2 and Dependant Visa cases and I am highly experienced in Immigration Law. 

I also offer competitive, fixed fee rates and packages tailored to suit your budget and requirements. I work fast and can have your application/s and supporting documents ready for submission within 2-7 working days. Complete the enquiry form below or Call me TODAY on 020 3302 6864 and 07761 308 670

Submit Your Tier 2 Visa Enquiry

Share by: